Tuesday, June 27, 2006

7 things

This was tough! Especially the books because I don't read very much these days... (even though I'm in a book club -- ooops!)

7 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Travel extensively (there are several aspects to this that I've considered over the years -- visit all 50 states, national parks, every continent, list of my top places -- point is I just want to get out there
2. Get pregnant and have a child (but of course)
3. Live in Italy (countryside)
4. Do something more meaningful (my job indirectly helps people, but I don't walk away feeling that I've made a positive contribution to society or anything like that)
5. Open a wine & gelato bar (maybe expand to paninis & wood-oven pizza)
6. Get my captain's license, buy a nice yacht, and spend many weeks/months exploring the world on it -- might be some financial constraints here ;)
7. Complete a significant physical endurance challenge (I've said run a marathon and hike Kilimanjaro in the past)

7 Things I Can’t Do
1. Have patience (I am the most impatient person that I've met)
2. Balance work & life effectively -- I feel like I'm always pulled in one direction too much
3. Be content with my situation -- I'm always wanting MORE of something (better job, better vacations, etc.) -- am I caught in the rat race?
4. Complete my household chores to my husband's satisfaction (and I've brought down his expectation A LOT over the years) -- it's really just not a priority to me and it causes some friction between us
5. Control my anger at times -- somethings just infuriate me and I overreact
6. Be more understanding of people's faults -- I'm overly critical at times
7. Type without spelling errors or print legibly anymore...

7 Things That Attracted Me To My Partner
1. sweetness & generous nature
2. supportiveness
3. dimples & smile (they go together)
4. ability to let loose with me & try any of my wild ideas
5. capability of doing anything that he tries / all-around handyman
6. love of spreadsheets, planning, etc. (hee hee)
7. friendly personality -- he gets along with everyone

7 Books I Read Over and Over
Disclaimer: once I've read something I usually don't read it again, but here are some of my favs...
1. Lots of Jane Austen
2. Harry Potter series
3. The Call of the Wild
4. Little Women
5. Bridget Jones books
6. The Count of Monte Cristo
7. Ina Garten cookbooks ;)

7 Movies That I Love
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Princess Bride
3. Pride & Prejudice (A&E version)
4. Braveheart
5. Strictly Ballroom
6. Rebecca
7. Empire of the Sun

Let's see if this works -- I will tag (not quite 7):
Amy
-M
Jenn
Carolyn

1 comment:

C said...

I've been tagged! First tag for a meme ever!