Tuesday, July 04, 2006

happy 4th!

I just left a message yesterday with the RE's office that I'm ready to start planning out our FET. I think he mentioned that I'd be on Lupron for a couple of weeks so it'd be good to start that in July -- so then I'd hope that we can do the transfer in August.

I've been very up & down about TTC lately. Totally fine at a big party with lots of kids and babies - holding babies, etc. And then driving home from work one day I see a woman pushing a stroller and break out into tears. I am so afraid that will never be me. And then we're sorta trying "au naturale" right now and I'm thinking maybe we'll get PG now -- we are unexplained afterall -- there's nothing stopping us, right? But then I think we've been here before. And not to mention had some help (3 IUIs, 2 IVFs) and still nothing. It's just this circle in my mind going from hopeful to hopeless back to hopeful...rinse and repeat.

But I'm ready to try again. Work *should* be calmed down by then. Also we're planning a trip to Seattle at the end of July...so August should be good for us. Plus I want to take advantage of the higher summer success rates for IVF (assuming that translates over to FETs). ;) And by that point I should have dropped some more lbs and had a couple of months of acupuncture under my belt. A couple more months on Levoxyl and having a normal TSH. All things to help our chance, right?

My phone consult with Dr. Coulum (immunity testing results from Millenova) is next week and they still haven't sent me the results. I'm still assuming that it says everything is normal, but I'd still like to see that in writing.

And I'm really liking my acupuncturist the more that I see her. I didn't have the instant connection that I did with my first one, but I still am enjoying it!

We're definitely into our healthy eating routine now (except for Nick's b-day party on Saturday and a BBQ we went to yesterday - oops!)...and I'm feeling much healthier. I found this old tea that I used to drink -- and realized how much I LOVE it -- Jasmine Pearl Oolong (http://www.adagio.com/oolong/dragon_pearl.html?SID=c8795c609904c0e4b35bcc932b12a79f). Actually before our wedding I had a non-traditional Ladies' Tea at a Chinese tea house -- and that was the tea that I gave out as "favors". So thinking back to that happy time made me smile.

And I cannot wait for our vacation -- it's been long overdue. And I LOVE the planning aspect (reading restaurant reviews, etc.) so that should be fun too...

Oh - and now that the kitchen has been updated only ONE person has seen it. WTF St. Joe? So we're planning an open house for next weekend. And then maybe drop the price $20k more a couple weeks after that. I just DON'T GET IT!!!!

We took Maggie for a swim at Roosevelt Island this morning (her shoulder is 95% better now!) and saw all of the people starting to set up along the Potomac. I just don't have it in me anymore to sit out in the heat & humidity all day long to watch the fireworks. So we're having a nice & peaceful day at home now. Maggie is curled up in a ball next to me. I love her so much...

Anyway, off to enjoy my lazy day!

1 comment:

Serenity said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT relaxing fourth... and I am so glad to hear that you're feeling up to trying a FET in the coming months. That's progress!!! :)