Wednesday, January 03, 2007

7w5d - phew!! (2nd u/s)

Unfortunately work got busy this afternoon after I got back and didn't have time to post an update. Sorry! :(

Fish is alive! (pic) And measuring pretty close to age (7w2-3d vs. 7w5d).  So he has made a little progress in the last two weeks - he was 3-4d behind at our 1st u/s. We saw and heard the heartbeat flicker (so cool) as well but the doc didn't give us the heart rate.  He said everything is fine so I assume/hope it's OK.
 
He doesn't really look like a fish anymore - more like a blob inside a chili pepper.  Unfortunately the dr gave us a copy of a blurry pic - when he was showing us the heartbeat up close it was a very clear image of what was the baby blob and what was the yolk sac. So cool!
 
Does the gestational sac look weird?  It looks like it filled up the whole inside of my ute.  I didn't think to ask at the time, but is that normal? Most other pics that I've seen are nice round sacs.

And it turns out that the doped-up doc is actually the head of maternal-fetal medicine at our hospital! He seemed much better this time! LOL!

So first OB visit will now be on Monday - 8w3d. I'm still in shock!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hooooooooooooooo! Fish looks awesome!!!!

Bea said...

Haha - maybe "doped up" meant "no sleep for several nights due to obstetrical goings-on"

Sounds great. And I appreciate (more for theoretical future times than just now in my case) you hiding the pic off-screen.

Bea

Alison said...

Such wonderful news!!!

M said...

WONDERFUL news! :) Looks good to me! Congrats!

lola said...

HOORAY! He looks great :)
So glad that you got to see the heartbeat, what an amazing thing!

How are you feeling?
I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

TeamWinks said...

Yeaahhh!!! Thank goodness! Can't wait to hear more from you Spark!

Anonymous said...

wonderful, wonderful!

Motel Manager said...

Yay! CONGRATS!!!!!

Tulips said...

Thrilled to hear the good news!

Meg said...

Spark - I haven't checked in in a while and ARGH, Congratulations!!

Serenity said...

So how did Monday go???? I'm still waiting for an update!!!!!!!!