Tuesday, January 02, 2007

7w4d - Happy New Year!

We had such a great weekend. On Saturday we had about 12 people over for a bowl game. I love cooking & baking so I enjoyed all of the prep. And it was fun to hang out until exhaustion took over. I actually snuck upstairs and took a nap for the second half - guess I'm not the best hostess.

And then Sunday we went over to a friend's house and played games all night. No one even noticed that I wasn't drinking. We laughed & laughed (until I cried) and had a great time catching up with friends.

We talked about the future. We started to look up DH's paternity leave (none) to see how vacation we can squeeze in before August. I might have slipped out a few "WHEN blah blah"s instead of "IF blah blah"s.

Over the whole weekend, my queasy/nauseous feelings grew stronger. Cool. I was sucking down saltines & ginger ale like no one's business. Still felt something growing in the ute.

In the wee hours of New Year's Day my DH and I were both moaning about our upset stomachs. He stayed in bed and I had to rush to the bathroom for imminent puking. Sitting up seemed to help my stomach though and I just sat there wondering why I got the raw deal even though I didn't drink. DH should be in there puking since he got a nice buzz earlier. ;)

But that was the last that I have felt bad. Since then (after sleeping 12 hours) I have felt great! No upset stomach at all. No more bloating - I even fit into my work pants again. No more nasal congestion. No twinges in the ute. My cervix is very low and not sensitive (unlike when I had that first u/s my cervix was very sensitive). I almost feel like going for a run. I am energized and haven't felt this good in a long time. Shit.

I *completely* understand that PG symptoms will come and go. However - it would be nice if they didn't all go away at the same time. The very day before our next ultrasound to check on Fish. Ack!

9 comments:

lola said...

Oh how I WISH the nausea would subside even for a day! I've been sooooo sick for the past 4 days. Today is the worst. Maybe I'll get a break sometime soon?

Good luck at your u/s tomorrow I have everything crossed for you!!

serenity said...

Aw, hon - symptoms do come and go. That said, I can totally understand why you'd be freaked about feeling so good today...

As always I am hoping hoping HOPING for you hon....

Motel Manager said...

Good luck at the next u/s! It sounds like everything is going totally normally, though. So exciting!

theoneliner said...

oh, the no symptoms thing would freak me out...although I, like you, know better(that symptoms come and go)
i'm sure your u/s will make you feel better.

TeamWinks said...

Sounds like you had a great party! Can't wait to hear about fish tomorrow!

Michelle said...

My first symptoms were sore boobs. If one day they weren't sore I was freaking out. Once you can hear the heartbeat, I highly recommend a baby doppler. You can rent them online and it proved to be SUCH a reassurance for me..several times a day. I would sneak in extra listens because my husband thought I was nuts

lola said...

I've been checking in on you all day - I hope you had a good u/s !!

Christy2262 said...

I'm wondering about your u/s!! How did things go? Glad you had such a great New Year!

Shana said...

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and parenting bloggers to help us all find one another. I've added your site to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.

Thank you and congratulations.